How many versions?
At any moment there will be 2 active versions:
- STABLE / CERTIFIED VERSION:
- One version per Q
- Next stable version will be 1.2.0 that will be generated on February 15, 2019.
- Once this version is published, it will only include new corrective patches (not evolutive), which will generate versions 1.2.1, ...
- Beginning in Q1 2019 the stable versions will have a name "nemotecnic".
- Alphabetic criteria will be followed (first version begins with A)
- It has been chosen by voting to use 8-bit video games
- If it is the first version of the year, the first digit is increased (in 2020 we will start with 2.0.0)
- For the rest of Qs of the year, second digit is increased
- DEVELOPMENT VERSION:
- Once a version is stabilized, the development version appears. If the stable version is 1.2.0, the development version would start being 1.3.0
- This version includes:
- All fixes of the stable version
- Improvements identified
- New Features
- Each new patch or improvement introduced will generate a change in the third digit of the version (1.3.1, 1.3.2, ...)
- Each new feature will generate a change in the second digit of the version (1.4.0)
- These versions are not named until one does not become a stable version.
What version to use?
- From Platform it is recommended to use the stable version.
- If a project / product requires new features and can not wait for the next Q version, a development version can be installed.
- This development version also has support from the Platform team but it must be assumed that it will be more unstable and updates will be required often.