In this document, we will see how to export the configuration of the platform in an environment.
This functionality is mainly focused on deployments of onesait Platform instances and migration of configuration between different instances.
The configuration data include ontologies, users, devices, etc. With this functionality, an administrator will be able to export those data and to import them to a different onesait Platform instance. This helps, for example, to move configuration from a development environment to a pre-production or production environment.
To export the configuration data from one onesait Platform instance, you need to have the role administrator. Firstly, use the Administration -> Import / Export Data menu option.
This menu option will open a new page with three tabs. There are several options of export data:
- Export Data, that exports all the configuration data of the platform, except projects and users.
- Export Schema, that exports the configuration schema. This option is useful to compare the schema of several different onesait platform instances to see the differences.
- Export By User, that exports all the data of the user and the user selected. Projects are not exported
- Export an Project, that exports the project selected and all its resources.
- Export Users, that exports only the users selected.
All options, use JSON to format the output.
This tab will allow you to compare the current instance schema with another schema from a different instance.
The comparison will generate a JSON that indicates all the changes, describing the type of change and the fields and types of data that have changed.
To import data into an open platform instance, you need to provide a valid JSON generated by that instance or other instance in the past. The file can be uploaded using the tab Import. Once the file is uploaded, you can select which types of data are going to be imported. If one type of data is selected to be imported and it has dependencies with other data, then those referenced data will be also imported and warning messages will be generated to notify you.
For instance, if ontologies are selected but not the users, the import process will also import the users that created the ontologies because those data are necessary to keep the data consistency and a warning message that identifies the data is generated.